Wednesday, December 10

My toesies, they are ice cubes

Now that the cold and snow are here, the value of knitted items has risen exponentially. I was thinking this morning, as the icy air went rushing up my bootcut pant legs, that the time has come for legwarmers. I kind of love Lusty Lady Legwarmers, mostly for the buttons. I'm pretty sure I can devise my own pattern, or do a quick search on the Rav and come up with a bajillion results.

Yesterday I wore a number of warm items: a list of what she wore today: knit hat, sunglasses (to keep out the wind), scarf from Turkey, mismatched knit mittens, knit armwamers, one oversize wool coat, two pairs of socks, two sweaters, two shirts, one cami and a pair of jeans. Yeah, I was ready for the chill.

Also, Winter 08 Knitty was released today, and their server is being dragged into oblivion. Already one of my co-workers has asked for Fish Hat, and the Miittens really crack me up, and I kind of want to make them for my brother.

And I changed colors on the blog and added a Plurk thing. Other than that, that's all she wrote.

No comments: