Wednesday, January 16

In which I make excuses for not knitting.

Forgive me, readers, for I have sinned. It has been eight days since my last confession post.

I haven't knitted anything at all. In two weeks. I have, however, crocheted two things, which is a very strange thing for me. Firstly, I saw some Evil Minions on Craftster, and for some reason I *had* to make them that night. So there's a sparkly red bunni (sic) sitting on my computer here at work.

Secondly, I taught myself to filet crochet. I am about two-thirds through my first piece: the fleur-de-lis filet crochet. (That's probably the most French I've ever used in a sentence. And look at all those unpronounced consonants. I shake my head in disdain at you, French language!) It's actually coming on quite nicely. I'm using some random acrylic and a large-ish hook (the only kind, right?), and I'm at the first row on the chart where there's a whole lot more black than white.

What else have I been occupying my time with? The aforementioned Ravelry Book Challenge. Someone who is also in the challenge is organizing the books through goodreads. So I opened an account. My challenge bookshelf can be found here. There are only four books at the moment, but I'm probably going to finish one or two of them today. (I'm quite near the ends of them.) I'll stick a goodreads widget in the sidebar so's you can keep up with my appetite for bound volumes.

Really, that's all I have. Happy Wednesday!

No comments: