Tuesday, January 22

In which I mumble awkwardly regarding several topics

I'd like, if I may, to take you on a strange journey ...

No, that's not it.

I will say, however, that my dear BAS has updated over at Double Life of a Pretend Adulthood, which is a treat that happens oh so rarely. Teaching school and attending school can make one quite busy, so I don't blame her in the slightest. Also, the happiest of birthdays to our dear Aramad on Friday. She's the third of the Cribbage Crew to hit the quarter century mark hard.

Also, I saw this strange post over at Terra Nullius just as I was reading BAS' post in my feed reader. Heath Ledger has died. It's truly one of those moments when you say, "What? ... I was watching that." And you're sort of stunned.*






Um. Yes. I've done some knitting. See?

Sweeney Todd mitts


Sweeney Todd mitts, which are really Garter Stitch Mitts by Ysolda. The yarn is Patons Lacette, the needles US 5 bamboo. The picture is so smashing because it's actually a scan. And the only reason I got these started and finished at all was because I watched all four Bring It On movies on ABC Family on Sunday. (It was one of those days, ok? And anyway, they're not the same size, because I was all distracted and off on my counting. But it doesn't matter when they're on, so I don't care.)

And I've been fiddling with the template. I added a fun Ravelry widget to the sidebar, telling you exactly how much knitting I'm not doing (despite the FO pictured above). Two of those projects listed have had the very same percentage done for a Very Long Time; the other two for Longer Than I'd Like.

I waffle back and forth on whether this template or that looks good. Mostly it looks bland because I can't get it exactly what I want it to do, so I leave it looking as though some strange sea has washed over the sands of code, causing all the interesting CSS driftwood to lodge itself on some other sandy beach far from my own.


*Eddie Izzard reference, because I'm that uncouth to mention death and Eddie Izzard in the same paragraph.

No comments: