Sunday, December 23

Sweeney Todd: perfect for the holidays!

I didn't realize that there wouldn't be a new Project Runway until the new year. Boo.

But I did see Sweeney Todd. It's the perfect holiday movie: singing, romance, bloodshed, unconscious cannibalism ... everything one could possibly desire! I find myself needing to obtain the movie soundtrack very very soon so that I can listen to the dulcet tones of Johnny Depp's and Alan Rickman's duet, Pretty Women. Clips of said song can be seen and heard on YouTube. (Really, after watching that first one, how could you not absolutely melt over both those wonderful actors?)

I thought that the movie was very well done — but then, I love Tim Burton's movies all to pieces anyhow. I loved that they used Sondheim's score, too. Mmm. And now, thanks to Helena Bonham Carter, I have a new life-long dream: to be Mrs. Lovett so's I can sing The Worst Pies in London. (And you know, Angela Lansbury was damn good, too. It's not just Helena.)


Right. I've got some knitting to finish and some work to do. You should see the Knithulhu I finished yesterday! (Photos when I find a camera.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sweeney todd WAS good! i didn't know really what to expect, since i never saw the play, but with Tim Burton and Johnny Depp (and HBC AND Alan Rickman AND Sasha Baron Cohen) how can one go wrong. After seeing Snape, Wormtail, and Belatrix LaStrange on this screen, however, I wondered how many other Potter cast members would show up.

Anonymous said...

Excellent blog! Do you have any tips and hints for aspiring wгiters?
I'm planning to start my own site soon but I'm a little lost on everything.
Woulԁ уou suggeѕt starting with a fгee plаtform like Worԁpress
or go for a paid option? There are so mаny chοіces οut there that I'm totally confused .. Any ideas? Thanks!

Feel free to visit my weblog :: megassu