Thursday, November 8

Whovian Wrist Warmers and a meme

First, the knitting: I present you with one completed Whovian Wrist Warmer!

Whovian Wrist Warmers


Knit in garter stitch on size 8 needles with worsted acrylic. The very same worsted acrylic I'm using on the Dr Who Scarf. I just needed to take the edge off.

The warmers are just a rectangle with a buttonhole-style thumb hole on one side. Very easy. Kind of bulky, though, but nice and warm. (And I need warm at my house. I refuse to turn the thermostat above 60 degrees.)


Secondly, a meme I saw over at lisslo's blog.

An interesting animal I had
I've owned cats, fishes, and dogs. Oh, and a mouse I caught once in our house. And a lizard thing I won at a county fair that died a month later. The most interestingly named pet award would go to Obie, I think. As we were driving out to the farm to get her, my mom said, "We're going to get the D-O-G." My brother, who was probably two at the time, said, "O-B-D?" And so that was her name, Obie for short.

An interesting animal I ate
I tried swordfish once in Greece. It tasted like fishy steak.


An interesting animal in the museum
Museum animals, eh? How about zoo? I always kind of like the big cat houses. What's really cool, though, is the Henry Doorley Zoo in O!-town, because there's a huge rainforest there.

An interesting thing I did with or to an animal
I helped my mom dress her dog Chloe as a reindeer once.

An interesting animal in its natural habitat
Well, I watched one of my cats chase a bouncy ball for 10 minutes last night, and that was sure funny. Especially when it got stuck in a box.

Okay, I thought my answers would be a little more interesting than they were. Feel free to answer this meme on your blog!

2 comments:

Sara M said...

Love the mitt! Cool idea :D

Anonymous said...

I want a pair of Whovian Wrist Warmers just so that I can say it more often. Because it's fun!