Wednesday, September 5

She turned me into a newt!

If I had access to my mom's camera right now, I'd share a picture from my trip to the DM Renaissance Faire on Saturday. I was nearly strangled by a troll — a local one, at that. (He's from my community and used to own our internet service provider.) We only got to spend a few hours at the Faire Saturday, but I'm planning on going back this Saturday with a group of friends. I'd like to stay for both the opening and closing gate ceremonies, as they're rumored to be quite entertaining. (I just noticed that the troll is posted on the DMRF website today. Excellent.)

Also, I'm working on my pirate costume. I decided to wear skirts (yes, plural) and become a wenchy sort of pirate. I still love my dreads wig, so that's continuing to be a part of the costume. The tricorn, I decided, needs a better shape. It looks a little weird.


In knitting news today ... I've been working on a project. (In fact, the paper was so late today that I got quite a lot of new stitches made before I had to start actual work.) I don't want to say too much about it yet, lest I stop working on it. I'll just say that what I'm working on has black and white stripes, and shaping.

Oh! I was cruising through my feeds today and I ran across something I have to share. Go have a look at what The ADD Knitter did. I'll wait.


Back? Isn't that shawl gorgeous? Did you see the part where she said, I am new to the whole lace shawl game, so it was with much trepidation that I cast on for the Shetland Triangle. Dear Jebus. That does not look like work from a "new to lace" knitter. It's jaw-droppingly gorgeous.

The best part of the whole experience? I discovered, through my public library's website that they actually have Wrap Style, the book with the Shetland Triangle pattern. (This was very surprising to me, as they have about five knitting books, one of which I own and two of which are somewhat dated. And Suss Cousins' Home Knits , which is delightful beyond comparison.) All of this to say that I'll be making a library pit stop on the way home.

2 comments:

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

You are too kind! Believe me, it was my first time and the pattern is beyond easy. So glad to hear that you can get the pattern from the library!

Sara M said...

It's all about having no fear ;D