Monday, April 30

Alma mater

I'm back from the alma mater now, having spent the weekend in the usual schmoozefest that happens when they have alumni gatherings. Not to say it wasn't fun, because it really was. The concert Friday night was standard fare for the end-of-year first-year choir concerts: lots of songs, and boys with rather dorky but fun choreography. We stopped at La Rana (which is Spanish for "The Rana", of course) on both Friday and Saturday nights. We drank ourselves quite drunkly, I must say. ($67 table tab in one night? Yes please!) After church and an 88-piece sushi platter at Cho Sun, we parted ways with the usual, "Oh, let's get together this summer!" (Which, unfortunately, doesn't always work out.)

Our lodgings for the weekend were pretty interesting; we stayed at a friend's house. She was out for the weekend photographing someone's wedding, and we were left to our own devices with an empty house and a horse in dog's clothing Shuba the giant schnoodle, which seems to be a cross between a giant schnauzer and a poodle. (Emphasis on giant.)

I had a very fun time, friends. Can't wait to get together again.



The AC has been going nonstop all day here at work due to most of the women in the other end of the office going through menopause (or it was hot today), and the return vent is about five feet from my desk. It's like being next to a jet plane when it takes off, or like driving for hours in a car with a muffler that's going out. I feel rather deaf, so I'm going to call it a day.

Oh, and before I forget ... I received my final package from Monster Pal just before I left for the Bulbous Nose of Iowa. It was fantastical, filled with four skeins of Lamb's Pride Worsted, a book on felted knitting that I haven't really gotten to peruse, and chocolates. Woo! I scored big. And I figured out who my SP is, thanks to a little unscrambly game she made: Mrs_P! What a rockstar.

Actually, everyone's a rockstar lately; I got my Gaiman angel package from zkitten last week, too. Sister Berte brought it into the office for me on Wed.

Oh, and remind me to tell you sometime about the house suddenly being sans roommates. Yep, they're moving out. Random, right? Right.

Peace out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would say I'm confused but then, this is me...the queen of all things random....including getting texts at all hours of the night from people about breath control...but at least we have Dorian to get all caught up!

xamonster said...

Exactly. And I have a womb for you. (And you know, that breath control comment was so funny that you just had to know about it.)

The RHD said...

I am so jealous that you were able to go..does TP still have a beard?