Wednesday, May 2

Um, and again.

I have sunk to an interesting level — I bought a frozen pizza at a gas station last night. Because, you know, it's not delivery. Oh, come on! It was 10 p.m. and I hadn't had anything since lunch, which was seven or so hours earlier. I was starving. And then I had to wait a bloody half hour to eat it.

So, the roommates are moving out and by some odd stroke of luck, I may have a roommate already. It's one of their co-workers from the Gigantor Call Center, whom I've met before. He's terribly fun, and convinced Kas to give up her wedding dress to him. (And he looks smashing in it. Smashing like pumpkins, even.) Having a roommate is cool, mostly because then I wouldn't have to pay all the bills by myself (not that I couldn't, since I live in a step up from a hovel). Also, the dog wouldn't have to go live with some other nice family, so that's a plus.

I've been doing a bit of reading lately, and I'd thought I'd share some good books with you, dear readers. Firstly, Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen is a fantastic book. I listened to it on CD after incessant badgering from a friend employed at a large chain bookstore, who wanted me to purchase the paperback the second it came out. Spending the $14 was less than fashionable for me at the moment, so I decided to check my local library and poof! listening to it an hour later. It's excellent, and really, that's all I can say.

I've also been looking at Suss Cousins' Home Knits, which is another excellent book. A Really Useful Book, in fact, that I found to be quite inspirational. It helped me with a couple of projects for The End of HP swap, and a little something-something for a recently married friend. (Holla, Aramad!) It's unfortunately due back at the library today, but I want it. I'm actually jonesing for it, I think, if I'm accurately recognizing the feeling of a "jones."

Also, these Garden Salsa Sun Chips are excellent.

2 comments:

Sara M said...

A frozen pizza isn't THAT bad, at least it wasn't a hot dog ;D

xamonster said...

Usually it IS a hot dog. :D