Tuesday, January 9

His Dark Handknits

I'm still not entirely certain what drew me to re-reading Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy. I ran across the first two books in my brother's room when I helped him rearrange furniture, and brought them back home. Yesterday, when I realized I was just past the halfway point in the second book, The Subtle Knife, I thought perhaps I should find some way of acquiring the third book. When lunchtime came around, I made a quick stop at my local bookstore and ordered The Amber Spyglass.

And then today I was doing a little interneting and discovered the strangest thing: His Dark Materials: the movie. (And who better to play Mrs. Coulter than Nicole Kidman?) I swear I didn't hear of it until today. What strange timing. What's better is that they have a few production photos up at IMDB, and by George, thar be knittin' in that thar movie!


Check out that hat!


And that garter stitch jacket? I smell a KAL!


I hope Hollywood doesn't slaughter it. (Of course, you can't spell slaughter without laughter ...)

1 comment:

OLPP said...

I've read these books! There were a few parts that made me just suddenly and completely burst into tears. I'm very excited to see the movie. The Amber Spyglass got a bit tedious, but it was still very engaging.
Hooray! Knitting AND good books!