Monday, November 20

Early digest

Friday, in order to welcome home the wayward roommate (okay, she was on a business trip), we three caught Happy Feet. I must admit, we mostly went to see it because it was the introduction of the Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix trailer. Unfortunately, it ended up being more of a teaser trailer than an actual trailer, but we did catch sight of Alan Rickman among other characters, so not all was lost. But those penguins were pretty much Adorable Flujo*, so I didn't mind.

I went to a one-year-old's birthday party on Saturday and ended up going to dinner with my parents and a few of their friends to celebrate a couple of different birthdays. Also, my dad turned 49 yesterday. Next year he's going to get something fun.

B's post-All-State visit, though brief, was fun. Her constant muttering of pancakes yesterday resulted in an unscheduled trip to WDM and Perkins. After bidding adieu, we three went to Valley West Mall, where I ran into a friend from Luther who's currently living it up in DSM. I got a few fun piratey things at a game store in the mall ... I hope to post them later this week to a friend on the east side of Iowa.

Since I was informated** about the Red and Green Gift-Giving Holiday getting mashed in with Turkey Day, I've been knitting Mason-Dixon washcloths like mad. I'm almost through a pair, and have one more to go. And I think I might work up a purple (bulky yarn!) drop-stitch scarf for a cousinly gift. Must stop at Ben Franklin on the way home for lunch.

How's that for news by 10:30?

*Sorry, inside joke for Dorians ...
** Typed that wrong, but it's pretty funny so I'm not changing it, bitches!

No comments: