Thursday, November 16

Slattern!

For the past couple of days, I've had a word stuck in my head. I know this is odd; it is far more common to get songs or poems or other things rhythmic in nature stuck in one's head. But I, I have a word stuck in my head. And it's not that I've read the word recently, because it's not the sort of word one runs across at high frequencies. The word in question? Slattern.
slat‧tern – noun
1. a slovenly, untidy woman or girl.
2. a slut; harlot.


I know, right?* Such a strange word. Perhaps I ought to use it in a sentence to rid it from my mind: The town was rife with curious folk, and a slattern on every street corner. No, that may have made it worse.

build a bearrow
Captain Jack Bearrow


And friends, I give you the latest addition to my piratey shrine: Captain Jack Bearrow. (In all actuality, I named him Captian Jack Sparrow, but realized the error of my ways almost immediately and have re-christened him.)

I also purchased a copy of Neil Gaiman's Fragile Things, a new book of short stories and the like. It is indeed fragile, as the dust jacket is made of vellum and prone to wrinkling. I haven't cracked the cover yet, as I'm still drawn into Eldest. I find it unlikely that I pick up any of the other three books until I finish. It's become a rather surprising crack-like addiction. (C'mon, dragons and evil kings? Who wouldn't get sucked in?)

B is coming for a quickie visit this weekend after All-State, so I've got cleaning to think about and laundry to do.

And to answer The RHD, 1. saving is as saving does, 2. I don't think I've ever watched that show. It kind of scares me.


* Phrase used tongue-in-cheek. Don't get all up in my grill.**
** See above.

No comments: