Monday, October 30

Monday is for mommies

Our very preggo cat is preggo no more, as of about 5:30 this morning. She elected to have her kittens in the middle of the upstairs bed (read: the one that's not mine). By 8 a.m. she was eating the placenta (ew), after delivering five kittens. Three appear to be calico and thus female. One of the others is orange and white, and one is black and white. I want to adopt the calico that's mostly white.






I bought a new pair of shoes yesterday. The one on the left is the best.

I spent Saturday in Des Moines wearing a fair chunk of my pirate garb (okay, I wore the hair, the bandana and the hat. I had ditched the bootcovers after a brief stint). Our first stop was a beauty school (where I did not end up getting my hairs cut after all), at which many of the students and even a couple of teachers (one of whom was pretty fabulous) thought my hair was real. At Goodwill, I was told my dreads were "tight" and was asked if they was actually attached to my hair. I then revealed the edge of the meshy hat the dreads are attached to. Argh! Captain Jack Brownsheep be a darn convincin' pirate, mates!

And finally, evidence of Thuja and I spending some quality time together.



Mmm ... socks.

No comments: