Wednesday, October 18

Gratuitous yarn and cat photos

Four skeins!


A True Cat I know you've been dying for more photos of my cat. Don't lie. Here's another, and one of Gus Gus, too. See? Demetrios knows quality fiber when he sees it. (Well, that and he was in a particularly grabby mood this morning when I snapped that photo.)

So above you see the yummy alpaca yarn that I obtained this weekend. There you can see the swatch of the brown, seed stitch with a random cable thrown in, just to see how it felt worked up. You know the answer, if you've knit with alpaca yarns before. Yum.

The heathered grey and black seem to be at about worsted weight. The grey has more texture than the others, which are soft as, well alpacas. The cream is not plied, and the brown is 2-ply. I just want to cuddle them all.

Remember that time I joined Socktoberfest? Yeah, me too. I haven't had a whole lot of time to knit, as the Festival was this weekend. (You try knitting with ice cubes for fingers and sticky, inky children clamoring for attention.) Hence, the Snicket socks are looking nearly the same as they did last Wednesday, when I took a picture.

Snicket on 2 circs


I didn't notice that zig-zaggy path the grey seems to be making through the lower sock until just now. It's interesting. I wonder if it will continue through the cables ...

But now it's time to go home. Project Runway's finale airs tonight, you know. I even had a dream about it. Who do I really want to win? Now I'm not so sure. I might be rooting for Jeffrey, or Preggo, or Michael, or Uli. I don't think I would mind particularly which of them win. (Not like last season when they picked my last choice to win.)

Y'all should listen to Mistake by Christopher Dallman from his album Race the Light.

if i'm going to make a mistake
it's going to be big
why sip it when i can drink it down
why hold it if i can pass it around and around...

No comments: