Monday, February 27

No knitting, I promise

I think I kinda like the song Suddenly I See by KT Tunstall (on the album Eye to the Telescope, which I'm seriously contemplating buying).

----


After spending a lot of time with my family this weekend (in a church, nonetheless), I was all ready to post something really scathing about my grandmother. I composed most of it while I was in the shower, but revised some of it while I was drying my hair.

Really, she's not a horrible person, but she just gets my hackles up sometimes. Like when I went to get a little lunch from the (church) kitchen, I walked by her, wearing my hat*. She looked at me and said, "I'm going to do what the little boy on TV did and ..." I was so befuddled by what she was saying that I was taken quite by surprise when she whipped the hat off my head and wouldn't give it back, in a rather childish way. It took me a minute to convince her to give it back — I had to insist that I was going to put it in my bag. "Now go find a comb and fix your hair." Bah.

It's not that she's intimidating. I mean, I'm roughly nine feet taller than she is (that's quite a feat for my 70 or so inches). She's just kinda mean and closed-minded and ready to brainwash everyone into thinking that Christianity is the only religion. What is that?


* The Kittyville hat. I was wearing it because my cousin Aa decided that he should wear my KO bag as a "rasta hat", and I told him that I had a much cooler hat in the car.

No comments: