Saturday, June 25

Tired

I have lived every music major's dream – I spent the night in Jenson. That's right - I, the classicist, slept in the hall of music. You might ask why, and I might, too. But as many people who live in the midwest know, it's been pretty squidgy here in Iowa. Heat indices over 100 and humidity of too high a percentile drove the campers and counselors of third and fourth floors in Brandt to sleep on the floor of the orchestra and band rooms. Well, the CAMpers slept there. The counselors got to spend quality time sleeping front of the doors. Oh, and we had to wake up at six a.m. THAT was an adventure that I'll retell at another date, or at request.

Also, another pet peeve of mine is people who cannot properly pronounce the name of the product called Mod Podge. When they call it Modge Podge, I cringe and want to kill things. (That's the part of me that's spent too much time with English majors.) So it's unfortunate that the art teacher I've been working with these past two weeks says it that way, and then the campers pick it up ... it's all downhill from there.

I'm really tired and getting less drunk as I type (thanks to the Peters, who spent plenty of money on ... ahem ... beverages). And I haven't slept all that much in the past week.

Good night.

No comments: