Friday, June 10

Oh Dorian!

"You can't mean that, surely?" snorts Freddy Love, adjusting his hat, made from real knitted uterus hide. Just one more reason to love Nation States.


Dorian starts tomorrow, which means waking up early and driving a lot. No, I did not mean to be awake at 3 a.m. My phone's set for seven. But I fell asleep with my head next to the open window ('cause DAMN was it stuffy in here), and of course later got woken up by a storm. Isn't it funny that the days you try to get the most sleep somehow manage to be the worst night's sleep you have in ages?

But I hear there's another reason to be awake early – at least in Decorah. The new Kwik Star opens in a little over an hour. Those of you who're going to witness this milestone: you're nuts. At least buy some coffee. I'll have to check it out myself when I roll into town.

Oh, and another completely unrelated topic. I have to stop at the bank here in town before I leave. I'm planning on leaving no later than 9 a.m. so that I can be on time to my 2 p.m. meeting. So I'm going through old newspapers, trying to find an ad for my bank, because I don't have the hours written down. I must've found seven ads, but NONE of them have the hours. How's that for stupid? So I came online to Google my bank to find the hours: the lobby opens at 9. How ironic and dumb is that? I suppose I'll have to go through the drive-up, which opens at 8:30 in the main branch ... but opens at 7:30 at the motor bank. I think I'll have to do that ... even though I hate drive-throughs.

Also, I just found a ginormous bug crawling across the kitchen floor. I just caught it in my patented Cup and Stiff Piece of Paper Move, and I have never seen this sort of creepy crawly before, much less in our house. I wonder where it came from? I'm just glad I saw it before it crawled across my feet ...

Well, I'm off to bed, hopefully, after I dispose of the critter and finish my online endeavors. I'll catch you on the flip side – Decorah, here I come.

No comments: