Thursday, March 24

Yarn ho

I'm having a grand old time right now, talking to Mr BoJangles and describing my lucious new yarn purchases. I haven't even told him about the new needles yet!

The first skein of yarn I got was the 100% bamboo yarn from South West Trading Company, which I purchased at String of Purls [the yarn, not the whole company]. The shade I purchased was, of course, tequila. It's in the last row, if you follow the link. It's surprisingly soft; you'd think [or at least I thought] that yarn made out of bamboo would be a little more scratchy or something like that, but it's defnitely not. Mr BoJangles has already put in a request for a bit of this yarn, so I'll see what I can do.

The other two skeins I purchased at Personal Threads, the less-than-friendly place. One is Fable, by Artful Yarns. The color is called "Hansel and Gretel", which is a kind of heather-y grey [last row again, in the link]. It's 85% pima cotton at 15% silk. Yum.

And last, but certainly not least, is Manos del Uruguay, which is 100% wool. I've been aching to try it, but it's rather difficult to find, at least in Decorah. The color I got is Briar, which was the prettiest out of the small selection that PT had. This one's the last one in the first row.

I took pictures of my new purchases, but Yahoo's being a bitch and not letting me upload. But at least I found a new site to browse ...

All that yarn gushing being done, I should be off to bed. Or couch, as it happens. Maybe I'll start up a new pair of gauntlets tomorrow now that I've finished the ones for my mom. In a lovely crimson color.

No comments: