Sunday, October 10

Unsung unseen

Friday: Receiving a call from a woman who has twenty-four cats, asking me to feed them a couple of times while she and her husband go to visit her sister. Reading Aristophanes' Frogs in Greek, complete with a sassy corpse. Getting attacked by Japanese beetles and very small gnats outside during a discussion of Chuck Gipp in Food + the Environment, but making good comments about livestock CAFOs. Writing new blog template for my biddy, which she hasn't applied yet. Going out for Chinese with D, J, and A and getting mistaken for two straight couples, to our great amusement. Listening to a rock-my-face-off concert of Rachael Yamagata [who has awe-inspiring string players and a darkness about her] and special guest Tom McRae [whose music was wonderfully depressing, and who also had a cellist and whose CD is currently providing my background music]. Watching CHO Revolution again, and nearly dying [again] when "her PUSSY EXPLODED."

Saturday: Writing a new blog template for myself, loosely based upon Wicked, both the musical and the book. Hearing the rocking-est double-bass recital ever, and eating a lot of yummy recital goodies. Feeding twenty-four cats and wishing I could take a couple with me. Dressing up as Radd Thadd [complete with "erect collars" and facial mole] for the best drag ball we've ever had [with seventy-five people attending at one point]. It was exciting, especially when I shook my groove thang to some OutKast. I must say, it is very exhausting to be a gay man, or at the very least, RT. It's a bit less exhausting being a lesbian.

But only a bit.

No comments: