Sunday, October 10

Another post

I have been sitting at this computer for about an hour and a half. My goal has been to write at least part of one of the papers I have due next week. Out of my six-page goal, I have written a whopping two paragraphs. These two paragraphs required very little thought - in fact, they were regurgitated from my presentation last Wednesday. I envy people who seem to ooze paper-writing skills through every orfice. I am not patient enough.

And as far as I know, my roommate has been sleeping all afternoon. When I walked into the room after a Wal-Mart run earlier, I expected her to be sitting at her desk, or perhaps gluing something, or [at the very least] sitting on her bed instead of lying on it. But, of course, no such luck. I walked in, and she lifted her head, looked confused, and said, "Hi." I replied, "You're still in bed!" She mentioned that her legs were tired from all the dancing last night [which she didn't do that much of, to tell you the truth], and I decided to be complacent and agree. Then, as I was getting out my new decosphere to de-stinkify the room, she fell asleep again. I know from experience that one will not get more energy or get away from tiredness by sleeping more.

And now I've just read an old entry from Margaret Cho's blog [dated a year ago tomorrow], which is not for the faint of heart, and I am very sad, because it makes me think of home, in a twisted sort of way.


I need to go knit.

No comments: