Thursday, October 7

Inadequate

DS: "Do you want to take my band methods test tomorrow?"
Me: "Do you want to pretend to be a lesbian for Professor K tomorrow?"
DS: Confusion.

That's right - I get to go to Gender and Culture class tomorrow and help Professor K explain some things, because apparently, he doesn't feel that he's "adequate" enough for the job. I read the article that he had the class read on gender identity. The prof had commented that he didn't know some of the terminology in the article, and I couldn't really tell what "terminology" he meant. Maybe the most foreign phrase to my ears was "feminine-identifyed dyke," which I could figure out on my own without much help. Perhaps he didn't understand FTM, but that was explained later.

I seriously don't know how I get myself into such random situations.

No comments: