Thursday, October 28

Fortune

In my haste to consume cafeteria food earlier, I forgot to relay something. I had lunch with my parents yesterday at the Chinese restaurant at which my brother has recently started to work. Eating egg drop soup while having a runny nose is a very odd experience, and definitely not one of my fantasies. So we're eating, and we're eating, and then it's time for the fortune cookies. I break mine and read it, after trying to persuade my parents to eat half of their cookie* before they read it so that it will come true. I read mine and started laughing - my fortune was just too perfect, considering the fact that I was eating with people who still aren't too sure about how they feel about homosexuality. It read, "You and your wife will have a happy life together." No lie. So I kept laughing, and of course, my parents asked me what was so funny. [I looked like a "grinnin' fool," to tell you the truth.] I read it, and they didn't really say much. My mom tried to persuade me that I had taken the wrong one, and that it should have gone to my dad, because she wanted a "happy life." [This is not to imply that her life is unhappy or anything - I think she's fairly content.] I just kept laughing.

It's even better when you tag "in bed" to the end.

Also, I wrote the biggest check of my life today so that I will be able to study abroad in January. I'm getting my immunizations tomorrow.


* I'm fairly certain that every time my friends and I go out for Chinese food, someone has a different rule about how to eat the cookie or read the fortune. I think we're crazy.

No comments: