Friday, April 23

People who clap at concerts are tools.

Okay, that was unfair. Let me rephrase that.

People who clap rhythmically at concerts are tools.

That still may be unfair, but tough shit. This band named Goran opened for Ben Folds. They were decent. They played seven songs ... but it only felt like 3.5 songs. Not that they were short - on the contrary. They were the standard song length, I suspect. Most of them, however, sounded extremely similar [whether it was the melody or the guitar line or what have you]. One was a solo with the lead on keyboard instead of guitar. One had a completely different melody. One had a somewhat different melody. All the rest were about the same as the first. They were good enough that each song got one "Woo!" from me.

As for BF, I recognised a few of the songs from last summer when I heard him open for Tori Amos. Now that was a rockin' good time. [The improv Rock Out with Your Cock Out frightened me a bit, but that's to be expected, I guess.

..

In other happenings, a girl passed out today in Greek about ten minutes before the class ended. She knew she was going out, so that was good, but it was still scary. She was very pale. I hope she went back to bed and that she got some much-needed time out. As Byron alluded to this morning, I guess the imperative was too much for her.

No comments: