Thursday, April 22

Electrical shutdown

Facilities Services is planning an electrical shutdown at 5:00 a.m. on Friday, April 23. The purpose of the shutdown is to connect Loyalty Hall permanently to the electrical system on campus. The buildings that will be affected are Loyalty, Larsen, Olson, Campus House, Koren, Brandt and Jenson. The approximate length of the outage will be one hour. Please have computers shut off until after the power has been restored. Residents living on campus should take appropriate precautions when setting alarm clocks for waking up on Friday morning.

Please let those people in your area know. Contact Facilities with any questions or comments.

Thank you,
Facilities Services Secretary



This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard - 5a on a Friday morning. How can one take an appropriate precaution when most alarms* are plugged into the wall? And why wouldn't you do it after most people were awake? This affects more than half of the campus, and I'm dumber for it. The last time they did this was on a weekend over a break. Couldn't they wait?


*Note: not that I will be particularly affected, because I have a battery-powered travel alarm that I use. Be that as it may, I usually glance at my regular clock to see how much longer I can sleep in, because I have to squint sometimes to be able to read the alarm.

No comments: