Tuesday, January 27

Herr Hellblau

Herr Hellblau [Mr Light Blue] is our Deutsch professor. He mentions Marlene Dietrich whenever possible - he's obsessed. He is sehr feminin, but only in English. The only sign of his blue-tinted reality when he speaks Deutsch is a slight lisp. He is also angry about the loss of the most wonderful letter in the Deutsch language: ß. The double s. When spelled the new way, ich weiss nicht [I don't know] looks absolutely horrid. When spelled the proper ß-lovin' way, ich weiß nicht looks beautiful and calm - not a bit like its ugly counterpart. I know I prefer ß ... don't you? Subvert the dominant paradigm! Don't let them change the spelling! Viva ß!

[Note:: Herr Hellblau is not the prof's real name. It is a play on some Russian slang translated to Deutsch because I can't spell or pronounce Russian. Yet. If you really want to know, ask my biddy. She'll explain the Russian.]

I have also written some code for Dame T's new blog. I haven't given it to him yet, but it's ready. I've coded three blogs in the past few days, and I am proud of the way they turned out. I'm so glad I taught myself HTML and CSS and whatnot. It's so worth it to learn.

No comments: