Tuesday, December 16

Tell me about yourself

You have probably seen this game before, but if not the rules are simple: copy my questions and answers, replace my answers with yours, and either post on your blog or in comments.

I totally swiped this from GeekLover on Plurk. Follow the link for her answers.

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
My middle name, which is one of the most common middle names ever, was from a great aunt. Also, my mom told me once that my full first name was after the Spanish word for chestnut, which is castaƱa.

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
I think it's been a while. I'm probably due.

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Sometimes my writing looks really nice, and other times it's sloppy as hell and I can hardly decipher it. For the most part, though, I think it looks fine and it serves its purpose.

4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Whatever is on the Spicy Italian at Subway is pretty tasty.

5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
Nope. Just a metric ton of cats.

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Depends on what kind of other person I would be. Maybe, although I suspect I'd annoy the shit out of myself.

7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
No, I have never once in my live used sarcasm. (Bwa ha ha ha ha.)

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS
Yes indeed, and one of them has a really funky growth. Always has.

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
I totally thought about it in Corinth, over the Corinthian Canal, but they weren't open.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
Kix, or Rice Krispies. Or Honeycomb.

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Nope. (I take my shoes off at work, too, and walk around in socks for most of the day.)

12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Peppermint stick with the candy cane bits. I love this time of year for that. I also love rainbow sherbet.

13. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Their knitted garments, then their hair.

14. RED OR PINK?
Deep red, but sometimes pink.

15. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
I'm very fluffy; there's what seems to be an 18-wheeler's tire stuck there.

16. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
My Luther friends. Why do they all live so far away?

17. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU?
Meh.

18. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
I'm at work, so I'm not wearing shoes at the moment. But I am wearing my Kaylee socks.

19. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
A gigantic Kit-Kat.

20. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
The hum of fluorescent lights and computer fans, tempered by the occasional hiss of the police scanner.

21. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
Probably turquoise.

22. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Outside after a thunderstorm. Also this funky body spray I have.

23. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
My ride to this evening's Music Club festivities. (They were indeed festive.)

24. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
I stole it from a blog — it was sent like manna from the gods ...

25. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Knitting Olympics count, right?

26. Hair Color?
Medium brown.

27. EYE COLOR?
Hazel, though they change a lot. They're probably tinted toward green at the moment.

28. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
Nope.

29. FAVORITE FOOD?
Toast is the best thing ever to happen to sliced bread.

30. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Happy movies with scary endings?

31. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
I saw Twilight with my mom Sunday evening.

32. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
White undershirt, olive green long-sleeve tee over that, and forest green sweater on top.

33. SUMMER OR WINTER?
I hate the cold, but I also abhor the humidity. Iowa has both, and I don't quite understand why I continue to live here.

34. Hugs or kisses?
Kisses, because I don't like those white swirls in the Hugs. (You were talking about Hershey's chocolate, right?)

35. FAVORITE DESSERT?
Chocolate anything.

36. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
I'm not asking for responses, but it would be nice if you'd like to.

37. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND
I'm not asking for responses, so I won't be too disappointed if nobody responds.

38. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
Um, I suppose I ought to get past the intro in The Carbon Age: How Life's Core Element Has Become Civilization's Greatest Threat by Eric Roston.

39. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
I don't use mouse pads. They make me angry.

40. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT?
Headlines on Leno, and the first bit of Craig Ferguson, who's effing hilarious.

41. FAVORITE SOUND?
Thunder, or wind against the house when I'm snug in bed.

42. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
Eh, I don't mind either. "Penny Lane" is a nice song.

43. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
Istanbul, Turkey.

44. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
I play with yarn, and I like grammar.

45. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
Des Moines, Iowa

46. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK?
Whoever decides to fill them out.

No comments: