Monday, July 14

Blah blah Monday blah

I joined the 2008 Ravelympics today. They're similar to the Harlot's Knitting Olympics in 06. I'll be competing in the Sock Put for Team Browncoat (Firefly / Serenity fans) and Team KTog (my LYS). I can cast on on Friday, August 8, at 7 a.m., which is local time for the opening ceremonies in Beijing. I will knit the Kaylee socks, since they're all Firefly themed and stuff.

I was also going to mention what books I've been reading lately. Thanks to a camper, I started reading Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series and am hooked. What can I say? I love young adult fantasy. I'm pretty pumped for the final book to come out at the beginning of August. Right now, I'm reading Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides, and the last book in David Eddings' Belgariad series, Enchanter's End Game. I'm really enjoying Middlesex, and I've been ignoring the Eddings since, er, I found out about Twilight. Oops.

...

You know, I was going to post about a couple things today, and I can only think of the one. I was composing my blog post on the way to work this morning. And now here I am, and I can't remember a bloody thing. Damn you, Innernets Of Distraction and Air Conditioner Of Forgetfulness!

ETA: I remember now. I decided I want to be a vegetarian again. You see, a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away (high school), I decided to give up meat for Lent (back when I did the churchy thing). It stuck for a while, but eventually I got back to my carnivorous self. So I'm going to do a trial, no-meat period of one week, starting today, to see if I can do it again.

Now, what to have for lunch?

1 comment:

goblinbox said...

I love Firefly.

I love YA fiction and read it in public.

I loathe the Air Conditioner Of Forgetfulness! My office is, like, fourteen degrees, swear to God.