Monday, April 21

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood

Every time I look in the mirror to brush out my hair, I get a little aggravated. When I stared growing my hair out last year, the initial plan was to make it long enough for dreadlocks. (What? They've always appealed to me. I find them sexily unkempt. Well, maybe not unkempt; they can require a fair bit of maintenance.)

I'm sure my hair has grown long enough now, but I changed my goal some months ago: I want to donate ten inches to Locks of Love. The problem? I seem to be perpetually at 9 1/2 inches. It's almost like a vortex of no-growth. Ugh. I just want to cut it all off! (Well, not all of it. I've done that already, and checked it off the List of Things to Do Before I Die. (Terrible timing, that. I had to go to a family funeral about two weeks afterward. Everyone thought I was ill.)

But I'm not going to fret today. It is gorgeous outside. My computer says its 55 degrees, but I am sure it must be much higher. I'm very glad I walked out of the house without a coat this morning — and to think I just got that lovely new trench, too! Ah well. After months of snow and wind, there's no way I'm going to balk at not being able to wear a jacket because it's too nice out.

(Eee! And my weather widget says there will be a "strong afternoon thunderstorm"! I love those!)

But it's truly gorgeous out; my forsythia (also known as the verylargeshrubbery) is blooming, and the grass is nearly long enough to cut already.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That trench IS awesome, but if I try to wear white it gets dirty just from me THINKING about it getting dirty.

:)

Enjoy the lovely day!