Monday, March 17

For the leaping greenly spirits of trees

There are days when certain song lyrics ring true, and today is one of them.
Garbage — Only Happy When It Rains
I'm only happy when it rains
I'm only happy when it's complicated
And though I know you can't appreciate it
I'm only happy when it rains
You know I love it when the news is bad
And why it feels so good to feel so sad
I'm only happy when it rains

Pour your misery down, pour your misery down on me
Pour your misery down, pour your misery down on me

I don't mean to sound like a sad sack, as after the first line it sounds pretty emo when you're just reading the lyrics out. But it is grey and dreary today and I absolutely love it. More often than not, drizzly days energize me. I know lots of people get dragged down by the weather; I usually feel about snow the way most people feel about drizzle. To me, rainy days seem to have more secrets, and more adventure.


I finished Tudora yesterday before church. (My mom asked me to sing a descant yesterday, so I went.) Tudora's a neckwarmer, and today was a perfect day to wear it. (So was yesterday, for that matter.) And bonus! It's got green. Perfect for everyone's favorite verdant holiday.

Tudora Finite


Pattern: Tudora by Cheryl Marling, Winter 07 Knitty (Ravelry)
Yarn: Malabrigo worsted in dusty olive
Needles: US 6 Boye Balene 16" circs
Cast on: March 8
Cast off: March 16

And for the record, I did wear a lot of green today. Crocs, earrings, squirrel necklace, a shirt, Koolhaas and Tudora. Bam. And I got a green-frosted cupcake from a co-worker. Mmm.

My only problem now? I'm out of Malabrigo.

No comments: