Tuesday, February 26

Vitamins and glowing faces

Indeed, when I got home last night at 10:30, there was a slightly soggy cardboard box on my stoop, full of Melaleuca goodness. Though it has only been 10 days or so since I ordered, I'd actually forgotten what all I put on my order form. Vitamins, tooth polish, and fancy fat-burning protein bars I remembered, but there was also some fresh rain scented room spray (which doesn't actually smell like rain at all), Melaleuca oil (tea tree oil) and some cheesy crackers.

The reason it was 10:30? I sojourned to my parents house to retrieve my PartyLite order, which also arrived yesterday! Now I have enough candles to burn my house down — smelling good the whole time.

So day one of VitaminPalooza has commenced, and what better day than a Tuesday? A friend of mine used to say continually, "Monday is a new day!" (Or maybe it was "Monday is a new week!" or "I fucking hate Mondays!" I don't so much recall so clearly.) I say, "Monday may be a new day, but Tuesday's right after and is good enough to start a new plan!" (Don't want Tuesday to feel all lonely, after all.)

Oh! I was reading a little more of Haunted last night before bed. As I had been sitting in the living room, I shut off all the lights, leaving the house dark until I got to the bed to turn on the bedside lamp. As I was walking through the darkest part of the house, I glanced down. And a screaming face was staring back up at me, glowing in the dark! I must say, I had quite a start. Seeing the ghostly glow was not my favorite way to prepare for bed.


Image hijacked from Goodreads.com


And I wondered why the cover had such a weird texture ...

No comments: