Friday, February 29

29 days hath February

Happy Leap Day! I'm sure many of you know the Month Poem, which begins "30 days hath September ..." I just found this funny website, where you can read all 69 versions of the Month Poem. I think my favorite might be version one, at the bottom of the page.

30 days hath Septober
April June and no wonder
All the rest eat peanut butter
Except Grandma and
she rides a tricycle

Most of them are pretty ... stupid. Actually, this one is pretty stupid, too. But still vaguely funny. In fact, it's probably only funny because it's so absurd. Most of them follow a pattern similar to version 65:

Thirty days hath September,
April, June, and November;
February has twenty-eight alone.
All the rest have thirty-one,
Excepting leap year, that’s the time
When February has twenty-nine.

But version 43 — that's the kicker.

30 days hath September,
April, June, and November;
All the rest have thirty-one
Except February -
That's the weird one.

Anyway, enough of my blathering. I need to go deposit my resume at the library (again), and I'm coughing all over the place. And here I was going to have a party to celebrate Leap Day (mostly consisting of drinking all the leftover alcohol in the house, because I'm classy like that). I don't think ritualistic dehydration by means of alcoholic beverages is the way to go, somehow.

Tschüs, and have a delightful Leap Day.

No comments: