Wednesday, November 21

Squooshy beds and turkeys

I have been having issues with pain in my lower back lately. I decided it is due to my bed, which was chosen for its stunning deal instead of its stunning sleep support. Since I have a guest bedroom (which I lovingly call the Poop Deck) with an actual bed in it, I have slept there for the past few nights. It has made all the difference in the world. (Also, that bed is actually two mattresses stacked, and it is quite squishy.)

And it's snowing today. I am not the hugest fan of snow, but that's only because it looks disgusting after it's melted a little and gets all driven through and slushy. It looks quite pretty today.

Needless to say, snow wasn't my happiest surprise this morning. When I got to work, I asked our circulation driver, who is probably close to 70 years old, if he had ordered the snow. He said that he indeed had, because he wanted to go out on his snowmobile. (He was just teasing; he does not own a snowmobile.) We laughed.

I volunteered to make potatoes for tomorrow's food fest. I'm planning on using a recipe I found last week for a potluck I went to. A few pounds of red potatoes, cut up and boiled with garlic, then smashed together with some mayo, Parmesan cheese and parsley. I think instead of parsley in my No Fuss Smashed Potatoes I'll use dill; it's one of my very favorite seasonings.

Anyhow, I'm off to see the wizard, or some such thing. Be sure to check out last year's Thanksgiving message. It's a hoot! ("Eat us! Hey! It's Thanksgiving day!")

No comments: