Wednesday, October 3

In which there is much discussion of weekend activities

I feel like I'm going to be busy forever. This weekend (after the Homecoming game my dad has to cover for the paper) my family is travelling to Missouri to have a surprise 40th birthday party for my aunt. (Yes, Timmy, your twin.) So far we have gotten for the party candles which spell, individually, H-A-P-P-Y B-I-R-T-H-D-A-P. Someone blundered in quality control on that one, but since my uncle can't spell very well, we'll just say he picked them out.

Next weekend is the Covered Bridge Festival. Mistress Saucy Dish might come down to visit. I'll be participating in a Civil War era fashion show both days. (Imagine that — me in a fashion show!) I've got a lovely tartan sort of pattern for the outfit I will wear, a six-bone hoop skirt, and a fancy velvet hat with flowers and a navy blue ribbon. I'm kind of excited.

The weekend after that, I'll be road tripping to Minnesota with Mistress Saucy Dish to a wedding. I'm pretty excited about that, too. I imagine I'll see lots of Luther folk there, as well, as they're both Luther grads (and Dorian counselors, no less). Still working on that wedding gift.

The last weekend in October I think is free, but the first in November is the fall musical, The Wizard of Oz. I don't know that I've mentioned it before, but my brother will be playing the Cowardly Lion. His girlfriend is Dorothy. What's even better than that is my parents' dog was cast as Toto. (She looks a bit like Toto, too, even though Chloe's not the same breed.) Good thing she knows Dorothy so well. I think that will make it easier. (Well, that and her favorite treat, Wavy Bacon.)

The next two weekends in November will be spent celebrating birthdays. The Cowardly Lion will be turning 17 (yipes!) on the 15th, and dear old dad will be 50 on the 19th. I don't know what kind of to-do we'll have for him. So far, I've decided that seeing Beowulf the day it comes out (the 16th) might be fun. (Also, Neil Gaiman wrote the screenplay, so I'm pretty pumped about seeing it anyway. Especially as I still haven't seen Stardust yet.)

Speaking of dear old dad, his birthday scarf is still the same length it was two days ago. I did manage to exchange my circ now, so things should be moving along quite smoothly.

Now I think I'll go do something Octobery. Either that or put the paper on the web, which is my next task for the day.

Pax!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodness. Sounds about like me, except mine isn't fun stuff... It's work!

By the way, my blog address has changed. http://myterranullius.wordpress.com. Just a head's up! :)

Anonymous said...

Or...I could LOOK at your blogroll and see that you're a step ahead of me. Sorry. *sheepish grin*

xamonster said...

I saw your moving to WP post, so I changed it then. (I might end up moving to WP eventually, too. I even have something set up there. I just like having the free reign over the HTML and CSS here, so that would be a hard one to give up.)