Monday, September 17

Of knits and pirates

I woke up yesterday morning and thought to myself, Brr! It's cold in here! There must be some Clovers in the atmosphere! After I realized I was crazy, I picked up the knitting I'd started the night before (which happened to be lying next to me in bed. Fall asleep knitting? You better believe it). I got a few rows done, actually. The project? Horcrux Socks (link is to a PDF).

I'm using up some miscellaneous acrylic worsted, because I have a lot of that. Size 4 circs, two socks at once. I'm pretty sure that's the only way I get socks done, doing them two at once. I'm kind of surprised that I'm using US 4 needles with worsted yarn, though. I have a very loose gauge, lately.

I feel like I've been obsessing over what to knit next, lately. I've added a few more things to my Ravelry queue: the Lucy Bag, Spooky Cabled Armwarmers, Arch-Shaped Socks and the Shetland Triangle shawl come to mind. (I saw one rather delightful Lucy Bag that had needle felted paisley on it, and I love it and want it.)

But then I was thinking yesterday, as I spaced off in bed knitting the Horcrux Socks, how much fun teaching a knitting class at the Art Center would be. I really just need to sit down and plan something out, make a few million swatches to share, and maybe make a list for a mini knitting kit. So that's still rolling around in my head, too.

Other than that, I just remembered that Wednesday is International Talk Like A Pirate Day. (It's also a friend's birthday. Huzzah!) Ye best be celebratin' with yer finest grog, mates!

No comments: