Wednesday, August 8

the quiet breathing of our persian we call cajun on a wednesday


The view of the local courthouse on the way home last night.



Ah, for once I come through with photos! Below, you can see the detail of the end of the lariat, including the moon charm with its extra little beads. The best part about that charm is that I found it somewhere on the ground. I knew I could do something with it eventually, so I just stashed it. The lariat measures about 5.5 feet in total, but since it's doubled before looping around the neck, that's really not terribly long at all.


The lariat is done!


I also have a picture of my most recent progress with Spiralen Part Deux: Worsted. I think I'm about halfway through the pattern at this point.


Spiralen 1 in blue hemp and Spiralen 2 (in progress) in orange acrylic.


I quite like the way the k2tog decreases create the spiral ridges around. I see that a lot on my hat decreases, but I never really took the time to make it a design feature. Yummy.

Alas, it's time to head out and clean house before my guesties arrive. I have a rather large list of things to tackle (mostly cleaning), so I had best be off. I ought to be back in blogland by Monday. Oh, and I can have my thumb stitches taken out Friday. Huzzah!

1 comment:

dustin said...

i saw stardust this weekend. how good!