Monday, August 13

God bless you. (I never say, "Bless you." I'm not the lord, I can't do that.)

Last night a giant storm moved through. We watched the storm front roll in, and then got soaked as we tried to roll up a stuck car window (which was actually more fun than it sounded, believe it or not).




The weekend was excellent. It was nice to see BAS and suckybowler again after so short a time.

Kas and Sister Berte joined us for the Ellis concert Thursday, which was excellent. She played some old favorites, as well as some new songs from an upcoming album. She even played an instrumental piece; I didn't know she liked to write guitar-only music. We had a lot of fun. Afterward, we all went to Kas' apartment, where we played a little Quelf and ate some tasty garlic-sauce-smothered pizza.

After a leisurely Friday morning, we went to the state fair. We saw sheep, ate sheep, and walked around and got all sweaty. We ate Dippin' Dots (even though BAS didn't get the flavor she asked for and suffered through strawberry), cooled off with a delightful apple slushie, and got more lambburgers for dinner. We saw the Harry Potter sculpted of butter, posed next to the Butter Cow (which was wearing Harry's glasses). We sampled what I like to call "Egg-sicles" — hard-boiled eggs with weird seasoning and a popsicle stick shoved inappropriately up the backside. We enjoyed sweet potato fries, which were sold at a stand alongside po-boys. (It sounds like we ate our way around the fair, but I promise we didn't. Food's only coming to mind because it's lunchtime, and I'm a bit hungry.)

I really enjoyed having BAS and suckybowler come to visit. I hope they'll be able to come back for the Covered Bridge Festival in October. (The carpet may even be shampooed by then ...)


Oh, the title? We watched a little Dane Cook whilst eating our garlic-sauce-smothered pizza.

Also, I just saw the coolest sofabed ever. I would be afraid to sleep on it, but it's very cool nevertheless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the picture of quelf looks different is there more than one version I NEED MORE QUELF LOL