Thursday, June 28

Chapeau et chaton

I don't know what is more surprising: seeing me post four times in as many days, or being the one doing the posting. I'm just all full of words!

I just thought I'd share a couple of photos. I took them both this morning.

Sarah and her babies, with the newly-cast on Chapeau Marnier.



One of the other babies, all wobbly and cute.


And, after the batteries in my camera died, I thought, "Oh yeah! Why didn't I photograph that new yarn?" Because I do have new yarn, dear friends. Before Dorian officially started and BAS and I were unpacking in our room, she said to me, "Okay. I have a birthday present for you. I hope it's not too lame."

And then she handed me the squooshiest hank of handspun worsted Shetland wool that she got at a local farmer's market. "Too lame?!" I exclaimed. And friends, I actually sniffed the wool. I have become that kind of Knitter. Thanks again, BAS, for the excellent birthday present. It is in no way, shape or form "lame." Now I get to plan a project for it.

This weekend, my mom and I are planning to go to the Des Moines Arts Festival (in lieu of the trip to D-corah that was going to happen). We'll also probably hit "The Other Art Show" as well, since they're both this weekend. Hooray for potential art purchases!

1 comment:

Sara M said...

Kitties! Wine connoisseurs inhale the scent of wine, I don't see why knitters can't sniff yarn.