Wednesday, June 27

Boxes and things

Seems I have a lot to say lately.

Just before I left for Dorian, I neglected to tell you that I bought, erm, a lot of yarn from WEBS. A lot of sock yarn. A lot, in this case, means by the pound. I don't remember just now what the brand was, but I now own one pound of a light green yarn and 1.21 pounds of a blue-ish yarn. (The 1.21 pounds was a surprise, and now I owe them about $3 more. But hey, who's arguing?)

I decided I really ought to get going on my sock knitting. (Obviously.) So when I saw the Sidewinders over at nonaKnits, I thought I found a winner. Of course, I think a variegated yarn would work quite well for this, but the spoils from WEBS are just solids.

But as the newest Knitty was released, I've been thinking about Breeze, summery ankle socks, mostly because I like the cable and lace motif.

I've also been thinking about Chapeau Marnier, which isn't actually socks but uses sock-weight yarn. (Which I now have in abundance.) I wasn't going to use the WEBS yarn for this, though, because I found a gigantic ball of olive green fingering weight that was once trying to be a lace scarf. I think that that yarn is destined to be a hat. (Oh, come on! It's a Marnie MacLean pattern! I love her hats!)

In not knitting, I have a very interesting website to share with you: Box.net. It's free, it's online, it's file storage. I'm testing it out with some Dorian pictures right now. Here: check out some masked big wigs.

1 comment:

Sara M said...

Pictures?? What about fair isle or mosaic socks? They're so cool and, er, not too difficult (did that sound remotely convincing?).