Thursday, March 15

So it's Thursday again

Everything has pretty much mellowed out at work regarding the move. We can't move until there are cables for phone and the internets, but we have to move before the 24th, lest we be caught in the middle of an auction. So we're continuing to pack stuff up as usual.

This weekend, there is apparently a show and parade at a local gay bar coordinated by friends of Kas and Sister Berte. (And by extension, friends of mine.) I expect we'll have fun. Next week, the fam and I are intending to take advantage of my brothers' spring break and head down to Kansas City. We heard that the Dead Sea Scrolls will be displayed at Union Station, and wanted to have a look. I doubt my brothers will be interested, but my parents and I are. And on the 25th, the local music club is giving a recital, in which our dear Timmy is performing. I look forward to that, too, as I haven't heard him sing in a bit.

Oh, and Kas and Sister Berte got a new Jeep, as the black Jeep's tranny problems weren't to be resolved. It's a nice 2000 model, a Laredo, I think. Fun stuff.

Otherwise, I'm trying to think of good crafts for The End swap, though I haven't received my match info yet. I haven't managed to block Swallowtail, either. I kind of need to find ample blocking space first.

I ran across a nice recipe for peanut butter cookies that I'd like to try this afternoon. They're gluten free (ooh, aah).

So, in closing, all I can really say is ... blarg.

4 comments:

Sara M said...

Dead Sea Scrolls!!!

xamonster said...

Yup! I'm pretty excited.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I've been MIA for over a week. When a Monster gets sick, they really go down! But I'm back now and headed to the post office. It should get there Monday or Tuesday. Enjoy the dead sea scrolls! Sounds like a great trip!
-MonsterPal

Anonymous said...

I'm excited about the Dead Sea Scrolls too. My dad's offered to take the family next month. Enjoy your trip to KC, maybe you'll hit a warm day, one never knows. :)