Monday, February 26

Ah, it's Monday again

Them's some long Oscars, yo. Glad to see Helen Mirren picked up Best Actress and that Melissa Etheridge's song from An Inconvenient Truth took Best Song. Pan's Labyrinth got a couple of well-deserved Oscars as well (Art Direction indeed!). When it finally finished at around 11:15 last night, we flipped to Showtime tout de suite and caught the last of The L Word (which had its usual cliffhanger ending). I went to sleep almost immediately, but I'm still a very tired girl.

Ah, I heard back about the library position on Saturday morning while my mom and I were taking in some vocal jazz music in Creston (a hole of a town in my opinion). No dice, unfortunately; they wanted someone whose schedule was a little more adaptable. Oh well. My mom and I spent the rest of the morning browsing a couple of local shops in Creston — a fabric store and a scrapbooking shop.

The scrapbooking shop was my favorite, partly becacuse I don't sew but mostly because it was the type of place that sells lots of bits and bobs rather than scads of paper. There were lots of little charms and stickers and other fun stuff. I think the best part of the shop, though, was that it is a converted post office. It's a huge old building, rather courthouse / city hall-esque, with intact marble floors and old mail slots and counters.

I finished up a lot of items for my Hogwarts swap yesterday: knitting, crochet, doodles and a snap here or there. I'm planning a glue session during lunch, as there are apparently a lot of things that need to stick to other things. The matchboxes are done and will go out at lunch. I haven't heard from my Gaiman swap partner in a while. I'm wondering if she got bogged down with school or something. I do know that she got my package, though, so that's something.

I took the smallest cat, Gwiffen (whose full name is Slartibartfast), to the vet this morning, where I shelled out far more money than I expected on shots. I took him to a different vet instead of the privately owned one, and boy did it show. Good thing I got paid ... but I'm still kind of afraid to see what my balance is. Ah well.

But I heard tell of fudge in the back office, so I'm going to go find it.

No comments: