Wednesday, December 13

Wednesdays are for blather

We took the kittens to the vet yesterday for their very first round of shots. Here you can see Demetrios on top of the crate. I think he was relieved to be on the outside this time.

Now, if you look inside the crate at the kitten on the left, all you will see is a bunch of white. He's actually white and grey ("blue"). And he's mine. I decided that Demetrios needs a rasslin' buddy. The new kittten's name? Not Gunther, as the roomies have been calling him (he appears to be a bit cross-eyed). Slartibartfast. It's practically perfect in every way.

But enough about cats (or "fur babies", as I've heard them called).

I've started listening to two new (to me) knitting podcasts. Today. One, Sticks & String, is on the other side of the world. The other, Lime & Violet, is actually in Iowa, just down the interstate to the west. (I didn't know this until I looked at their Frappr map; I figured they must be nearby if they keep talking about Nebraska.) I've listened to all seven episodes of S&S, and three of L&V's twenty. Have a listen, if you're knitterly and podcastily inclined.

Inspired by Fyberduck's small rant on the the upcoming movie 300, I intend to watch Clash of the Titans when I go home. It ought to be good to knit to.

Oh, and as for the hair (re: The RHD's comment) ... I'm growing it out right now. Maybe I'll dye it soon. But it's getting longer, and I have no intentions to hinder that.


Note: For a moment, I hallucinated that the courthouse chimes were playing the theme to Futurama. Must schedule more sleep.

No comments: