Wednesday, July 19

Hot hot hot

A Womb of One's Own O! Watch as ye heavy hand of the post office comes crashing down on this minor publication.

Okay, so that was a little sarcastic of me. Really, the heat is our crushing dictator. (The post office was just irritating me when I typed that. Long, dumb story with which I won't bore you.) Why? The monstrosity of machinery that cools the back office broke. It no longer cools, in fact, I don't think it does much of anything any more. The one in the front office works just fine, but, as I can't force the people in the back office to melt into little pools upon their chairs, we have to have the front door propped open to provide a little air flow.

It will take something like $3300 to replace the unit with the same model, and $200 more than that to replace it with a fancy model. We've all done the math, but I don't think the publisher (aka the pocketbook) will think of it that way. Meanwhile, we're all left to swelter during the one of the hottest times of the year.

Actually, strike that. We just turned on the air and closed the doors to the back. Ahh.

Miscellany
Somewhere along the line, probably while living with Dustro, I developed a sensitive nose. I can't stand the smell of air freshener. It's more like nostril poison. (Except for some citrus-scented things. I can handle citrus. And also candles.) And my dad just took the offensive air freshener out of the bathroom and started spraying it around the front office. I almost threw something at him.

Also, I don't particularly understand the legal term duces tecum — "you will lead with yourself". Okay, well I understand it, but I think the terminology is a bit awkward. (I'm not the one being subpoenaed, I just saw the document.)




As you can see above, I managed to finish the womb. (Other womb photos can be found here.) I started another project from Mason-Dixon Knitting, using Elann's Cannepone (I forget how that's spelled) 100% hemp yarn. I also made another stuffed mouse last night, as the old one got eaten by the dog. Demetrios loved it. Luka's probably eaten it by now, though, knowing him.

But I must go. I have to have lunch and go to the post office before I'm due at the fair at 2:00 for my next animal show extravaganza: the 4-H cat show and the open class pet show.

Project Runway tonight!

No comments: