Thursday, June 1

Swap photos, and inches!

to Nymeria Okay, I remembered my camera today. Before I forget, further pictures can be found here.

The box: the paint on it made me think that it was something Cleopatra might see if she glanced down while floating down the Nile. Inside the box: A bottlecap pincushion and stitch markers. The pincusion was inspired by verybigjen's tutorial. It's got hieroglyphs embroidered around the edges (the embroidery, unfortunately, is very novice and has no other pictures). The stitch markers were made with the help of Poor Miss Finch's explanation. I called them "Jewel of the Nile" stitch markers, as the jewel gleams nicely in the right lighting. They're made from two different sizes: one to fit anything smaller than US 10.5, and the other to fit needles smaller than US 7. A skein of Paton's Classic Merino, because she likes blue. The journal: Book of the Dead (a crafty journal). It's an altered journal (the original of which I found at Dollar General) with a silhouette of Anubis, Egyptian god of the dead / embalming.

So there ya go, Fyberduck.




In other (non-crafty) news, I went to Curves yesterday. (I know, I know: exercise, blah, blah, blah.) But! It was a measurement day. And (drumroll, please) ... I lost 8 inches! I think it might actually be closer to 9. And 2 pounds. I was so pumped that I worked out a bit harder and sweat a lot more. When I got home, I had to tell someone. I tried calling Beth, but she didn't answer (again, but she's busy).

I decided that I hadn't talked to Aramad in a while — since graduation — and so I called her. She was helping J-man move out of the dorm and into her place. They're currently looking for a condo to share, perhaps in the Twin Cities area, and J's parents are going to help with the fundage. Once they find a place, I think they might throw an open house party. (She said she was kind of jealous that Beth and Sarah bought a house before she and J did, so she's hoping to throw a party, too.) They're also getting hitched sometime in October, so that's cool. Now if only they didn't live so far away ... but that's what road trips are for!

No comments: