Monday, April 10

Knitty, eh?

After perusing the latest issue of Knitty, I have decided that I need a new hat. Topi will be just the thing to replace my Headline News (a la SnBN), which is a very winter-y color and not really suitable for spring. (I had been thinking about knitting up a cloche or something, but haven't actively looked for a pattern or anything.) I also printed out a couple (okay, four five) other patterns that I'm pondering.
  • Hedera, a lovely pair of lacey socks that could get knit up with my new Sock Garden (which arrived on Friday!)
  • Convertible, which I doubt I would wear but will be good to have on hand
  • Anatolia, whose stitch pattern I love and will probably become a handbag or something crazy like that (I don't want to knit the suggested t-shirt because I think I'd go crazy knitting my first sweater-like garment in such a fine-gauge yarn, and cotton to boot.)
  • Pedicure socks, which my mom or cousin would probably get a kick out of (er, "out of which my mom or cousin would probably get a kick" ?)
  • Nautie, cute little stuffed nautiloids

As of right now, those are the only ones striking my fancy, though as I see other people knit them up on Craftster, I'm sure I'll be itching to give them a whirl. Hopefully I'll manage to do some stashbusting, too. Actually, I'm managing quite a bit of that for my recycling swap (send on the 15th!) by using up random balls of leftover yarns. I need to focus more on the Princess Bride swap, which sends on Wednesday. I'll have to watch the flick once more, probably tonight, so that I can get the rest of my crafting finished up.

Oh, and Dustro, maybe I was off with the chili. Who knows? KT just makes really good chili.

Off to lunch, then back to work and listening to my new Three5Human CD.

No comments: