Thursday, March 16

Not Finnish ...

For a couple of years now, we've been jocular about Finns. "At least I'm not Finnish!" we'd say, laughing. Really, it came from being all types of Scandinavian except Finnish.

But irony of ironies, I've joined an Earth Day / recycling swap and gotten a swap partner from Finland.


-----


I was hoping to trek to the northlands (um, Luther) this weekend with Dustro, but as he's having issues requiring special attention, [When I was younger, just a bad little kid / My mama noticed funny things I did / Like shooting puppies with a B.B. gun / I'd poison guppies and when I was done / I'd find a pussycat and bash in its head and so forth...] and I'm suddenly filling in for my dad this weekend while he's Emeril-ing it up for Jesus, we're not going to be able to make it. I was looking forward to seeing friends again, and the Vagina Monologues as well. Best of luck to all the performers, and to Dustro as he visits the dentist.

No comments: