Friday, February 17

Just keep knitting ...

Hilarity, thy name is fourfour.

So I just finished filling out an insurance form, and in the family information section, there's a little spot for your significant other. On this form, in the column marked "Relationship", it is labeled "Spouse/Dom. Partner". Hooray! I'm taking that as a good sign.

-----


KO This is the work I did last night. I'm beginning to transition from Blue Hawaii to Chartreuse using a simple overlapping Fibonacci sequence — 1 1 2 3. In other words, 1 row C, 3 rows BH, 1 row C, 2 rows BH, 2 rows C, 1 row BH, 3 rows C, 1 row BH, and then solid Chartreuse from there. (Well, except for the Bluestone, which I knit every other row anyway, since this is a pseudo-mosaic project.)

As I get farther away from the bottom, I am beginning to notice that the bottom is kinda flimsy and thin, as it's just plain stockinette and one color, as opposed to the psuedo-mosaic work along the sides that bulks up the material. I'm hoping that felting will take care of it. I'll probably end up lining the bag anyway, so it won't be so bad.

Another thing I neglected to take into account: size. When I felt it, I'm getting the feeling that the bag will be less like a satchel and more like a tube. Maybe I should have cast on more stitches to make the bag wider ...

I also hope I don't end up hating the way I'm doing the striping, because the colors are very pretty together on their own. But I think I'll feel better about it once I leave off the Blue Hawaii and get more Chartreuse done. We shall see.

-----


I also decided to go back to a three-column layout, as the knitting stuff was trying to take over the rest of my links. I fought with the stylesheet for a few hours, but I think I've managed to reign it in to what I like. Let me know if it displays weird or something.

No comments: