Sunday, August 21

Snaps

I've hijacked Dustro's computer while he's at the pool, so I decided to update y'all on ... well, whatever.

Warning: I've been turning into a Jet. Or maybe a Shark. No, I haven't watched West Side Story recently, nor have I been rehearsing for a production of it, but every once in a while I snap. As in rhythmically. Roommate Dustro, at least, knows what I'm talking about. Don't worry. I'll get it out of my system soon.

I finished Mirror Mirror the other day. I enjoyed it more than Lost for sure, but I'm not entirely certain how I feel about the book. It left me wanting more. I can't really explain it. I liked it well enough, though, and I now understand your fascination with the Borgias a little better, Brenna.

I found my most recent addition to the book list, Going Nucular at a fun little book shop called The Bookworm, which is in the same shopping center as String of Purls (a very cute yarn shop). I've read a couple of the essays, and I must say, it's entertaining. It's rather like the last segment in my linguistics class this past spring, when we discussed society and language and the changes it goes through.

I've knit a total of five baby booties now. Pictures soon, most likely when I go back to work tomorrow. I also made a rather funky hat, which I'll also post. I'll be keeping this version though, as I made a rather odd mistake along one edge, leaving it to look as though something has gnawed on it.

Also, in my BBC email, I discovered this: Plain Speaking, which is certainly worth a read and a listen.

Well, I'm going to go find a sandwich.

No comments: