Friday, August 26

Knitting, quiche

I'm making one of these in cheap red acrylic. Dustro thinks it looks like an Egyptian headdress ("you know, the mummy thing"). I've made two of these -- one very very small one, and one with leftover yarn from a baby hat. Yes, I'm knitting more baby stuff. There are a couple of reasons, and neither of them have to do with estrogen. First, I have friends and relatives that are having babies, or have had them recently. Second, I love instant gratification. And really, what could be more instant than knitting things for very small people? Well, except for a little java sleeve, but who knows if I made it the right size? I'll just have to send it to someone who drinks a lot of hot things and have her test drive it.

Pictures soon-ish. I promise. (Including some of the hat gone lampshade, under the slight influence of some Gin Buckets.)

-----


So last night, Dustro and I took another step towards sous-chef-dom. We made a quiche. Actually, we ended up making two, because there was so much filling. It ended up tasting marvelous. Mel even came over for some dinner after her class. We've still got most of the second one left. I have a sneaking suspicion that it will be consumed rather quickly.

No comments: