Monday, July 18

Potter-Depp

I spent six hours in the sun yesterday watching a 4-H dog show. It was not enthralling. I am getting paid, however, and that's all that matters.

Rewind to Friday night. While taking pictures for the paper at Harry Potter Fest a la Corner Bookstore, I ran in to one of my best friends from high school. I hadn't seen her for a very long time, and was very happy to meet this girlfriend of hers that she's getting hitched to next month. Very exciting, the girlfriend is, and very flirty. Excellent. The three of us will hang out, I think. Sorry, Mr BoJangles, but I'm starved for lesbian attention. Fast-forward to Saturday night. I managed to get the Harry Potter book finished by about 11 p.m. I know who the half-blood prince is. I will not tell you who it is. But if you want to know some of Rowling's secrets, I suggest reading through the chapter titles before you begin the book. Ponder them. Subtle hints.

Johnny Depp, on the other hand, I can tell you about. He is one of my two male downfalls (the other being Alan Rickman). I can not say enough about the Wonka remake. In essence, Everything is eatable. I am eatable. But that, my children, is called cannibalism and is, in fact, frowned on in most societies. The only really odd thing (for a Tim Burton film, that is) is that Wonka looks rather like Michael Jackson. No joke.

I must return to the paper.

No comments: