Thursday, May 5

Stuffy

I used to believe that I was special, especially during the spring months. While everyone else would be suffering with the sniffles, sinus headaches, sneezing and the like, I'd be out, blissfully frolicking through fields of wildflowers and nemora [small groves of trees].

Alas, I have become one of the unlucky. I think that I, too, have developed allergies. I feel like I'm trying to think through a fog (and that's after I've taken my sinus headache drug), like I could sneeze at any moment, and (as I told my voice prof. on Tuesday) "like small invisible creatures were crawling up my nose". I think the latter is the best description at this point, with the fog coming in a close second.

But why do I have allergies? I blame the roommate. Never any fresh air in the room -- it's always stale and nasty-smelling. Small piles of her stuff everywhere, including the very large accumulation in front of her desk, which is right where I would step to get out of bed, of course. That is if there wasn't so much damn stuff there.

I will be fine, though. I'll just keep telling myself that we will graduate in three Sundays, which leaves a lot less time with the roommate.

Incidentally, Feliz Cinco de Mayo.

No comments: