Wednesday, April 27

Reflections

As I finish these last few bites of this banana from Watertown, WI, I'm thinking about our concert last night. It went so incredibly well. It was our last chance to sing together as a whole choir, since not everyone will be able to sing for Baccalaureate, and we sang with such unity -- it's very hard for me to find the right words. But I loved every minute of it, even when our two presidents of the choir (one in particular) decided to give a very moving devotion that made almost everyone in the choir cry. I was still holding back tears as we marched onto the risers and sang our first set ("Cantate" and "Agnus Dei" were the worst, emotion-wise, and there was a moment just before we started "O Come Little Children" that JoFo whispered to me, "Neil Diamond", where I almost lost it.)

So I hope you have a good day, and hey: if you're going to be leaving Luther soon, look around and absorb the things that make you happy. This place is pretty special.

No comments: